"I saw it on Pinterest and 1h later I had already tried it out!" said... no one ever? Until yesterday, because that's what happened when I searched for buckwheat banana cake and found this. I wanted two overly ripe bananas to turn into something yummy, but at the same time healthy and with relatively little effort. Check, check and CHECK - this recipe is all that, and vegans can easily tweak it into something that suits them too!
No-gluten, no-refined sugar banana cake
I n g r e d i e n t s (for one small cake)
Two very ripe large bananas
1/8 cup (30 ml) milk
3 tbsp oil (olive or coconut)
2-3 tbsp honey
1 cup (2.5 dl) buckwheat flour
0.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
(optional: cinnamon to taste, chopped nuts/seeds e.g. walnuts or sunflower seeds)
I n s t r u c t i o n s
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
2. Blend bananas, milk, oil and honey in a blender / with a handheld mixer until completely smooth.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon)
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine with a spatula using as few strokes as possible.
5. Fold in the nuts.
6. Prepare a baking pan of your choice: oil it and dust with flour.
7. Pour the cake batter in the pan and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before serving.